You are here
All golf carts must be operated according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Riding anywhere other than the seat of the cart is strictly prohibited. U.S. Kids Golf is strongly opposed to pulling clubs alongside or behind carts as it could cause severe injury or death. Anyone choosing to utilize a pull or push cart and drag it alongside or behind a cart will do so at his or her own risk. The host facilities, U.S. Kids Golf, LLC and U.S. Kids Golf Foundation, its officers, Directors, volunteers and employees/contractors are not liable for any event/activity or consequence whatsoever in any way arising out of or relating to participation in a U.S. Kids Golf, LLC or U.S. Kids Golf Foundation event.
Caddie Use of Carts
Local Tours, State Invitationals, Regional Championships
- All nine-hole players may rent a cart for use during play. The caddie may use the cart to shuttle their player between holes. After reaching the tee, the player cannot ride and must walk the entire hole. The caddie may leave the bag on the cart or carry it on the course with the player when needed. In no case will carts be allowed off the path.
- 18-hole players and caddies may not use carts. Pull carts are allowed unless prohibited by the host golf course.
- Note: Carts are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. For Local Tours, each course may or may not have enough carts for all Green, Blue and Yellow tee players. All Green, Blue and Yellow tee players who compete on an "executive length" course must walk for the event. The cart policy has been put into effect to help those who play on a long course and have substantial walks between greens and tees.
World Championship, Teen World Championship, European Championship
All players and caddies must walk for the duration of the event except where designated shuttles are provided. Pull carts, however, are allowed unless prohibited by the host golf course.
Penalties for caddie's breach of transportation condition (Decision 33-1/9.5): Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round - four strokes (two strokes at each of the first two holes at which any breach occurred).
Golf carts are reserved for rules officials, tournament directors, and volunteers. However, we will have a limited number of carts available for spectators at all events, except the European Championship. A valid driver’s license is required to operate a golf cart. Spectators renting carts must stay on the path at all times and remain behind the players being watched. Please do not go forward and disrupt players in the group ahead. Spectators may not give players advice during the round. Spectators are not permitted to walk in the fairway or on the greens. It is at the discretion of the host golf course as to whether spectator carts will be allowed. Golf carts will not be available at the European Championship for any spectators or caddies.
World Championship, Teen World Championship
Carts passes will be available to for the following persons:
- Spectators age 50 and older (must have valid driver’s license or passport)
- Physically challenged spectators (must provide legal verification)
- Pregnant women spectators (must have a written doctor’s note)
- Adult spectators with a child age 5 or younger
Only two people are allowed in a standard golf cart, without exception. Cart passes will be distributed during Player Registration and at the Information Center during tournament rounds. Carts will be rented on a first-come, first-serve basis. Receiving a cart pass does not guarantee a cart will be available.
Violation of any of the above: First offense – warning; Second offense – Immediate removal of the spectator from the golf course.
Designated shuttle carts are provided between holes that are deemed difficult or lengthy for players to walk. Shuttles are also provided on starting and finishing holes that are a significant distance from the clubhouse. Shuttle carts are for players and caddies only. Spectators may utilize shuttles to starting holes and from finishing holes if room is available after all players and caddies have been transported.
© 2004-2017. US Kids Golf, LLC. All rights reserved