You are here
Application Information and Selection Process
The Top 50 Kids Teacher Award honors dedicated golf professionals who have proven success in developing youth programs in their communities. These professionals bring knowledge, passion, energy and organization to their programs. They have been successful in engaging and retaining young golfers in the game by infusing their programs with fun while simultaneously providing a structured set of goals, objectives and rewards.
Top 50 Kids Teacher Selection Criteria
Award winners are selected based on the following:
- Depth of experience coaching youth, especially those players 12 and under.
- Percentage of coaching time spent with youth, focusing on players 12 and under.
- Current status as a USKG Certified Coach.
- Use of USKG curriculum and success in advancing young players through all three levels of the USKG Learning Program.
- Time spent on course during instruction and availability of Family Course or Forward Tees for program participants.
- Fun and creativity in program.
- Communication with, and involvement, of parents.
- Clearly defined mission statement/objectives for your youth program and how it aligns with the USKG mission —“To help kids learn the lifelong game of golf and to encourage family interaction that builds lasting memories.”
- Early September - The self-nominating, online application becomes available.
- Mid October - Application deadline.
- Late December - Award winners are announced.
- Late January - The awards are presented at a special ceremony during the PGA Show in Orlando, Florida.
- Only one applicant per facility may apply for this award in any given year. Therefore, please confer with any other staff members to assure that only one application is submitted.
- Candidates are subject to a background check.
- We are often asked about parent/student nominations and/or the submission of supplemental materials such as youth program handbooks, photos, etc. While we welcome receiving these materials they are not considered in the application process.
The application for the 2016 Top 50 Kids Teacher Award is currently closed. The applications are being reviewed and the selections will be announced by December 30, 2016.
Master Kids Teacher Selection Criteria
- Top 50 Kids Teacher criteria applies.
- Candidates must have been selected as a Top 50 Kids Teacher two times.
- Following selection for a third time, Master Kids Teachers are recognized at the following PGA Show.
© 2004-2014. US Kids Golf, LLC. All rights reserved